Mi Viaje

This blog will detail my South American adventure in Peru this summer from June 22 - July 27! For the first four weeks, I will be living in Piura at a community parish, Sacramento Santisimo, with 9 other students while completing my Community Health Nursing Clinical. For my final week abroad, I will travel to the Cusco region to hike along the Inca Trail to see one of the 7 Wonders of the World - Machu Picchu. I am extremely excited for this life-changing experience and look forward to sharing it with you!

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Hella Chill

Today was pretty low-key -- or "hella chill" as PBN would say, lol. This morning, we went to San Jacinto like usual with the new missionaries for Sunday mass.  I was excited to see my little friend Rosi again this week! Her mom said she just couldn't stop talking about her amiga, Lisa. We chatted for a while, and then I bought them some ice cream before I said hasta luego. :) We had lunch again outside at the church, complete with a delicious cake for dessert. (I swear I've eaten more cake here for birthdays and celebrations than I usually do in a whole year!)


Patricio
Rosi & I!

haha :)


Today we had the afternoon free, so we took a walk to the movie theatre nearby.  Although the movie was only 6.50 soles (less than 3 USD), we ended up not seeing Spiderman because it didn't have English subtitles. Instead, we all relaxed and then got to work on our big aggregate projects and individual teaching projects that we will be presenting this week to various groups. Ellen and I will be presenting to Vaso de Leche, the women's group here at the parroqia. Ellen is doing hers on hypertension and I'm doing mine on osteoporosis. Both of these have been very common problems we have identified while out in the villages doing our home-visits. 


I ended the evening playing with our family and a bunch of the kids after mass, almost missing dinner in the process! I also got to skype with my family and best friends from home, which was MUCH needed. The homesickness is starting to kick in a bit...


Missing you all,
<3 Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment