Mi Viaje

This blog will detail my South American adventure in Peru this summer from June 22 - July 27! For the first four weeks, I will be living in Piura at a community parish, Sacramento Santisimo, with 9 other students while completing my Community Health Nursing Clinical. For my final week abroad, I will travel to the Cusco region to hike along the Inca Trail to see one of the 7 Wonders of the World - Machu Picchu. I am extremely excited for this life-changing experience and look forward to sharing it with you!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

El Último Domingo


 “Friends in your life are like pillars on your porch. Sometimes they hold you up and sometimes they lean on you. Sometimes it's just enough to know they're standing by. - Elizabeth Foley



This morning we went to San Jacinto for mass, as usual. The people blessed us and the new medical missionaries for a successful week serving the Piura communities.  I was excited that my little amiga Rosi found me again after mass!  Exchanging pulseras de la amistad, I said my goodbyes to Rosi and her mother, because this is our last Sunday in Piura! It’s absolutely unbelievable how much too fast this trip has went.  After having a delicious lunch of traditional Peruvian foods, we headed back to the parroquía for the rest of the afternoon to finish up our aggregate projects that are due Tuesday.  However, a couple of us ended up getting pulled downstairs to help record intakes and vitals with some of the medical mission team who was doing the final screenings for the hernia surgeries this week. We did finish our paper and powerpoint presentation this evening, which was lucky because we’ve got a busy week ahead of us! 

This has been the one time in my life when I haven't felt extremely short!

Amigas :)


Buenas noches,
<3 Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment